APSC CCE is the Assam Public Service Commission Combined Competitive Examination which is conducted for the recruitment of candidates to the posts under the Assam PSC. Assam Public Service Commission has released the recruitment notification of total 331 vacancies of Group A & Group B posts on September 8, 2020. The online application process of the examination has been started from September 10 to October 10. However the last last date of the submission has been extended to October 25, 2020.
Before applying to any civil service post in APSC CCE, a candidate should keep following criteria in mind :
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidate’s age limit should be between 21 and 38 years on 01/01/2020
- The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the recognized central or state universities.
- On the date of submission of application, candidates must possess prescribed qualification.
The APSC CCE Official Recruitment Notification PDF is provided as below –
Download APSC CCE Notification PDF 2020: Click Here
Application fee of the APSC CCE examination:
The examination fee of the APSC CCE 2020 has to be paid in online
The recruitment process of the candidate is combined of three stages:
The Prelims is the first stage of the exam which is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the prelims exam will be counted for the determining of the final merit list. The candidate will have to clear each stage of the exam in order to be appointed as a Civil Service Officer. The Examination of APSC CCE will be conducted in offline mode, i.e. pen and paper.
- The APSC CCE Prelims examination will comprise two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 in each answer if the answer is incorrect.
- The General Studies II paper of the prelims examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%
|Papers||Total Marks||Duration||Type of Paper|
|Paper-I (General Studies I)||200||2hrs||Objective|
|Paper-II (General Studies II)||200||2hrs||Objective|
The candidates who qualify the Prelims exam will be eligible to appear in APSC Mains exam.
- The questions of the examinations will be of conventional type.
- The marks of the exam will not be counted for determining the merit list. However minimum qualifying marks in paper ‘A’ and paper ‘B’ will be 25%.
- Paper A (300 marks – 3 hours duration): Candidates from Dima Hasao, Karbi Anglong, and West Karbi Anglong who have not studied any one of the languages from (Bodo, Assamese, and Bengali) in school will be exempted from appearing paper A.
- Paper B – English (300 marks – 3 hours duration)
Papers to be counted for the order of merit (Written Examination)
|Papers||Type of Paper||Marks||Duration|
|Paper 2 to 6||General Studies||250 for each paper||3hrs for Each Paper|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject, Paper 1||250||3hrs|
|Paper 8||Optional Subject, Paper 2||250||3hrs|
|Interview Test(After qualifying the Mains)||Verbal||275||–|
The long list of optional subjects of the main exam is given below. The syllabus of the optional subject is almost the same as those of Degree level courses of the University.
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electronic Engineering
- The literature of any of the languages ( Bodo, Assamese, Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit, English)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
The Post Wise 331 Vacancies Details Have Been Tabulated As Below —
|Post Name||No. of Vacancies|
|Assam Civil Service (Jr. Grade)||121|
|Assam Police Service (Jr. Grade)||69|
|Superintendent of Taxes||06|
|District Transport Officer||05|
|Inspector of Taxes||27|
|Inspector of Excise||07|
|Block Development Officer||33|
|Assistant Employment Officer.||04|
|Assistant Manager of Industries||10|
Assam Public Service Commission salary for CCE 2020
|APSC CCE Post Name||Salary|
|Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade)||Payscale 30,000/- 1,10,000/-, Grade Pay 13,300/-, PB-4|
|Assam Police Service (Jr.Grade)||Payscale 30,000/- 1,10,000/-, Grade Pay 12,700/-, PB-4|
|Superintendent of Taxes||Payscale 30,000/- 1,10,000/-, Grade Pay 12,700/-, PB-4|
|District Transport Officer||Payscale 30,000/- 1,10,000/-, Grade Pay 12,700/-, PB-4|
|Labour Inspector||Payscale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 9,100/-, PB-3|
|Inspector of Taxes||Payscale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 9,100/-, PB-3|
|Inspector of Excise||Payscale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 9,100/-, PB-3|
|Block Development Officer||Payscale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 10,900/-, PB-3|
|Asstt. Employment Officer||Payscale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 9,100/-, PB-3|
|Sub Registrar||Payscale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 9,100/-, PB-3|
|Assistant Manager of Industries||Payscale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 11,500/-, PB-3|
Apply online link for the APSC CCE 2020