APSC prelims strategy and books prelims cannot be explained easily in few lines; however, a detailed compilation of books have been mentioned here.
There have been many changes in APSC pattern for couple of years now. Though there are no optional subjects in prelims but the general studies comprise a lot of subjects. Only hard work with right techniques plus planned strategy required to crack the exam.
Generally, class VI to XII NCERT study materials are ideal start for APSC preparation but you need some standard books as well for GS (General Studies) paper.
Please check the details of study materials given below:
List of NCERT books required for APSC preparation:
- History, Geography, Polity, Economics- Standard VI- XII
- Social and Political Life (Civics) – Standard VI-VIII
- Indian Society- Standard XI and XII
- Standard XI- An Introduction to Indian Art & Living craft traditions of India (chapter 9 & 10)
- Science and Technology- Standard VI-X
- Chemistry- Standard XI (Unit 14), Standard XII (Unit 16)
- Biology- Standard XI Unit 4, 5 & 14; Standard XII Unit 8,9,10 and Unit 13, 14, 15 & 16
- Study all the books related to Assam’s History & Geography, Assam Politics (read e-magazines, newspapers)
Additional Standard books for GS paper
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- India’s struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
Indian History & Culture
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
- A New Look at Modern Indian History by B L Grover & Alka Mehta
- Mastering Modern World History by Norman Lowe
India & World Geography
- Certificate Physical & Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
- India: A Comprehensive Geography by D R Khullar
- World Geography by Majid Hussain
- Social Problems in India by Ram Ahuja
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Introduction to the Constitution of India by D Basu
- Our Constitution by Subash Kashyap
- India’s Foreign Policy by V P Dutt
- Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy by Rajiv Sikri
- Indian Economy Since Independence by Uma Kapila
- Indian Economy Key Concepts by K. Shankarganesh
- Latest Economic Survey and Budget
Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude
- Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude by G Subba Rao
- The Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude by Niraj Kumar
- Ethics, Integrity & Values in Public Services by Ramesh K Arora.
For thorough guidance on study materials you should opt for a coaching centre. While preparing for a highly competitive exam, self-study won’t serve enough. To understand the real competitive environment, you have to step out of your study room.
Consult one of the best coaching institute in Guwahati and Jorhat for APSC preparation. Thriving excellent services from a long time, Borthakur IAS Academy is a renowned name in competitive government exam coaching in Guwahati.
For class details, student testimonials and other important details, check out their official website www.borthakursiasacademy.com
5 thoughts on “Important books you should follow for APSC Preparation”
How & What structural-strategy is required to prepare for Civil–Service??? Is it possible to clear Civil-Service in the First–Attempt ?
Hello aspirant. Civil services exams need structured preparation to crack. We advise you to join a good coaching institute for better preparation which maximises your chances for these exams. Check out our website https://www.borthakursiasacademy.com/ for more information and visit our branches. Thank you.
What strategy is required to clear the Civil-Service Exam , And ,Is it Possible to Qualify it in the 1st-Attempt ??
I want to clear apsc aspirants.. When the upcoming notification will come for the next recruitment… .2022
Hello aspirant. Since APSC CCE 2021 Prelims has just passed recently the next prelims have not been notified so soon. We advise you to start preparing from today for the best results. For more information on APSC courses, syllabus and mock tests etc please check our website https://www.borthakursiasacademy.com/ and visit our branches. Thank you.