The Personnel department of the State government has requested the APSC (Assam Public Service Commission) to conduct the ‘Combined Competitive Examination’ (CCE) for filling up 331 vacant posts in ACS (Assam Civil Services), APS (Assam Police Services) and other departments. Of these, 121 are for ACS posts.
Till July 2020, a total of 341 posts were vacant in ACS, where the sanctioned posts are 1,100. On the other hand, due to a Court case, the interview process for 138 posts (of CCE-2018) is yet to be completed.
The APSC has been asked to commence the examination processes for filling up also the following vacant posts in various departments:
- APS: 69 posts
- Block Development Officer: 33 posts.
- Sub-Registrar: 31 posts.
- Inspector of Taxes: 27 posts.
- Labour Inspector: 18 posts.
- Excise Inspector: 7 posts.
- Superintendent of Taxes: 6 posts.
- District Transport Officer: 5 posts.
- Assistant Employment Officer: 4 posts.
- Assistant Manager of Industries: 10 posts.
The final call on the holding of these examinations will be taken by the APSC.
Meanwhile, Personnel department sources informed that the examinations will be conducted as per the ‘Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019. The rules were amended after a gap of 30 years.
See Full Article. Here